文章:
    讚:
    The Guardian

=======================
    [​IMG]

Image of defiance takes photo prize
    Charlotte Higgins, arts correspondent
    Tuesday November 16, 2004

The image of three defiant-looking Japanese schoolgirls has won the Schweppes photographic portrait prize, worth £15,000. The image, by the German-born Jens Lucking, turns the meek Japanese girl of western cliche on its head as the rebellious trio stare with attitude into the camera.

Sandy Nairne, director of the National Portrait Gallery, under the aegis of which the award is run, said: "The thing that really stood out about the winning photograph was the beauty of the composition of the three figures; there is something balanced, almost classical, about their arrangement. Also the central figure is incredibly direct - the way she just stares right at the camera - and that is very strong."

Lucking, 32, who met the three subjects through a mutual friend while working in Japan this summer, said: "The photograph is set up but I didn't want it to appear too posed or fashion-like. Part of my style is to push naturalism a bit, but I still like things to look believable and realistic.

"I'd never met these women before, but I hope I've managed to capture something of their characters. They all came across as strong females so that's how I show them - self-confident, almost arrogant. I was desperate to avoid that cute, looking down, Japanese schoolgirl thing, and I think this portrait is the antithesis of that."

The Schweppes prize is the only international award for photographic portraiture, according to Mr Nairne. Any photographer, amateur or professional, can submit work, which is chosen by a panel of judges. Mr Nairne said: "It was an amazing process of going through almost 8,000 photographs. All are judged anonymously."

The second prize was won by British-born James Reeve for Landmine Amputee Team, taken while working on a project in Kabul. British photographer Angus Fraser came third for Cassius and Julia. Danish-born Henrik Knud sen won fourth prize. The photographic portrait prize exhibition opens tomorrow.

2. monk

monk Moderator

註冊日期:
    2001-09-24
    文章:
    讚:
    這張光線怎看來有點假?好像剪貼的作品。想必得獎作品必有過人之處,不過...看不懂啊...

丟到台灣攝影網站,還可能會被批評的一文不值,呵呵。

3. Shawn

Shawn Moderator

註冊日期:
    2002-05-23
    文章:
    讚:
    monk哥,

同感. 看來我只能看看熱鬧.

每個國家的攝影師大概會覺得"什麼嘛...我們這裡的死小孩每一個不都是那副屌樣..."

4. Darren1210

Darren1210 Member