www.engl-amps.com

2. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-13
    文章:
    讚:
    To Mr. 72,

If you are going to LA, I will recommend that you check a fantastic shop out. It is call Tone Merchants. Its website is www.tonemerchants.com. The owner Ed Yoon is a gearhead! He always carries Diezel (he has both VH4 and Herbert in stock), Soldano (SLO100, Decatone, Lucky 13), Two-Rock (the best Dumble Clone in my opinion), Bad Cat (great Class A amps!), Roccaforte (mimic the tone of late '60s early '70s Marshall JMP), Rivera in stock. You can get direction to his store on his website. You are going to enjoy his shop! My strong recommendation! He also carries great guitars (Baker, Suhr) and pedals (too many to list).

Hope this helps.

3. Mr72

Mr72 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-07
    文章:
    讚:
    You folks are great !!,,,,Everyone,,,includes "Tim" in Tainan,,,I've got your message !!

as matter of fact,,,my GT skill is far too rusty to accompany with any Amps or PRS GTs mentioned above,,,,shame on me !!

But everyone should stand forward for their own "Dreams" while it is available,,..when playing GT purely for killing time,,,....I had found that,,,,Every things just get better,,,automaticly,,,
    Lucky me !!..

Thanks for sharing !!

To Johnny
    Danke!!,,,,,aber,,
    我想先讓我圓個夢再試其他的吧!!....
    German Rock is surely the "solidest" in the universe,,..I guess I am too weak for their Amp engineering at present yet !!

Empfehlung !!

To Stevie
    Cheers !! It should be very help indeed,,,
    btw your URL link got one extra dot on the tail,,,,here is the link for convience...
    http://www.tonemerchants.com/

4. Shawn

Shawn Moderator

註冊日期:
    2002-05-23
    文章:
    讚:
    Mr 72,

Partially out of some sort of self defense (hehe), honestly, what's 'skill' got to do with how good a guitar can be? You don't automatically assume the guy can drive like a pro if you see a BMW/Benz, eh?

Secondly...of all people, I think you can probably appreciate the 'holiness of tone' better than most of us. There's no shame, man!

5. Mr72

Mr72 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-07
    文章:
    讚:
    回Shawn

Just let you know that,,I had checked all dealers listed on the PRS forum,,,,Sorry to say that none is better than "that" one to myself,,,,,,

But there is a good news turned out,,,,A partner owner of PRS at present, just happen to be a very good fellow from my friend(a studio pal...),,,,accordingly,if I do willing to pay a silly 10 grands.USD for A GT,,,I might get some serious favours via simply order a PS from PRS directly,,,though it takes time to "custom",,,,!!Ha !Ha! Ha!,,,,

God !! I must try to order for a "Mr.72" inlay on the top of the head,or fret 12,,,!!...
    I must work harder to get it realized !!.......

btw,,,this is also a great benefit for "bachelor",,,,spend it all for self without guilt !!!Ha !!

6. monk

monk Moderator

註冊日期:
    2001-09-24
    文章:
    讚:
    Mr. 72,
    Yeah, a Bachelor degree is surely far more advance than Parental degree that I am currently approaching, isn't it? For a pro like you, it's really a sin not to include those toys into your collections.

Man, get thoese serious gears now! They can only push your guitar skills to a higher level.

Shawn,
    Great comment! I don't play like Pete Sampras either although we use the same rocket.

7. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-13
    文章:
    讚:
    Hello folks,

It is actually scary playing hi-end boutique amps. I have had several occasions to really sit down and paly those great amps just fairly recently. Most of them are very touch-senstitive. It faithfully reflects all your fingering and picking movement, even mistakes! At first, I was a little bit frustrated palying those great amps because I felt that I was pretty lousy. Once you get use to it, you start paying great amount of atention to your fingering and picking in order not to make any mistakes. You immediately play slowly but firmly to make ecah note as complete as possible. Those great amps just simply force you to correct all your bad habbits when you play.

My personal favorite is Two-Rock Custom 50. You plug in this amp, you get instant "Ribben Ford" tone in a second. That is the most fat and jucy sounding amp I have ever play!

Diezel Herbert is the most devastating amp that I have played. You crank up the amp, you tear down the house, seriously!

I favor Bogner XTC over than Soldano SLO because I personally prefer more power amp drive than preamp drive myself.

Bad cat is THE choice for class A amps, expecially for people who crave Vox or Matchless type of "boxy" tone.

The thurst for "ultimate tone" never ends, doesn't it?

8. rock99

rock99 New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-09-28
    文章:
    讚:
    怎麼變成英文作文比賽了!

9. Shawn

Shawn Moderator

註冊日期:
    2002-05-23
    文章:
    讚:
    72葛格,

你說的PS(private stock custom program)我在PRS FORUM 上也常聽人說起, 不過, 一來貴(10K好像太貴了?), 二來要等上好一段時間, 但是如果真的想要"逐夢"這應該是必然的代價. 是的, 來個"Mr 72"的inlay的確是很酷, 撇開我們個人無法避免的"虛榮心"不談, 我想那樣的東西絕對是件經典傳家之寶. 不過, 嗯哼, 如果你堅持單身的話...

monk葛格,

我認為你的"三普拉斯"比喻是比較高明的.

Stevie,

好陣子沒見! 感謝分享; 我自己使用amp的經驗也的確是如你所說的, 不過, 我一直搞不大懂的一點是: 如何在個人空間堥禸好amp的'overdrive' (非前級distortion)? 我自己用的是一顆6W, 但是音量也只能頂多開到3 o'clock, 在公寓裡還是太大聲了...但是多數經典amp至少也是50W左右...

難道說除了好吉他, 好音箱之外, 追求tone還包括了"好房子"? 看來, 所謂"玩物喪志"這句話並不是很中肯: 真正的"玩家"非得比一般人"實力堅強"不可, 哪來的機會"喪志"? 嘿嘿.

10. Mr72

Mr72 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-07
    文章:
    讚:
    回Shawn
    </font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> 一來貴(10K好像太貴了?), 二來要等上好一段時間, </font>[/QUOTE]不是說了有"惡勢力'嗎??,,,,,等到March,,我跑一趟L.A. 就知道How long & How much 了.......

btw,,,感謝當代網友OrangeDuck介紹,,,台南的確有廠商可代進Soldano,,但須付定金and wait for arround 40 days,,,,which is absolutely fine with me,,,,,He !!

11. Mr72

Mr72 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-07
    文章:
    讚:
    </font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> You immediately play slowly but firmly to make ecah note as complete as possible. Those great amps just simply force you to correct all your bad habbits when you play. </font>[/QUOTE]Stevie 提到這點事實上是很多player都忽略的一個重點,,,,"手髒"的players 往往進了studio後才發現自己的壞習慣在清楚的監聽下一覽無遺,,但手型指法卻難在短時間內修正而沮喪,,,很遺憾的,,,這些事在"做場子"一點都不影響,,,但卻無法當成"藉口",,,,有些時候我們會覺得"某 某某"Live 場很O.K.,,但錄音時卻全走樣,,,,,原因常常也是這樣....

此外,,,我個人同意"POD"類器材很"方便",,,但也是謀殺GT players "右手"的無形凶器,,,特別是把"感情"放在"手指"上的players,,,試試用any "單顆" 和"POD" 彈 Jeff Beck "Cause we end up as lovers",,,,,任何人都會輕易的發現自己的感覺被POD"digitized",,,,which "analogue" won't do,,,,,,

我想我大概會被POD的愛用者"圍剿",,, 但事實就是如此,,,沒錯,,,即便是國外"大腳"很多人都用POD,,但絕不是"只"用POD....POD 用來做clean tone 類音色透明又高低很平均,,,,,,So ???,,,any mixer or even YAMAHA SPX can manage this as good as POD,,,,

Player們!!,,,別讓"POD"廢了你的GT 內功,,,,,seriously !! I am not bull shit arround !!.....

12. Jeff

Jeff 吉他版主

註冊日期:
    2001-09-01
    文章:
    讚:
    有朋友提到 Dr.Z 讓我想到 Andy Fuchs 曾寫過這一篇,剪貼過來給大家瞧瞧。

</font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> In the continuing battle of the lower end of the Boutique market, Pete Cage may rock the DR-Z boat. [This is a segment of the market I have thought of entering, but with competitors like these, It would be a hard nut to crack !] At $ 1,100.00, the Cage 18/30 is an excellent alternative to the DR-Z RT-66. The amp features 2 5751s , 4 EL84s, and a two channel configuration. The two channels have their own inputs and two very distinct voicings. By using the link switch (it connects your guitar to both channels without needing a Y connector), and lets you tune the sound by setting each channels level control. I wished I had my ES-345, with the stereo cord to see how I could use this to best advantage. It seems like this combo could allow some pretty good tonal range from this type guitar. I've always liked the sound of the two pickups feeding separate amps or channels, instead of being tied together through a Y connector or feeding two inputs on one channel of an amp. The cabinet is small and manageable in size, and fit and finish is very good. Each channel has a separate volume and tone controls. The first channel is warm and creamy. When pushed hard, using the Heritage 335 it can approach 'woman tone' with humbuckers. Low position chords have a lot of force. Using WeberVST speakers (which Pete uses in modified form), it sounds its best. It clearly sounds more powerful than 30 watts has a right to be. It can hang a note nicely. The amp and guitar react well against each other, more organic, more so than I could get with the RT-66. With a PRS Equipped with P-90s the amp demonstrated a nice articulation and 'spank'. When driven hard, the brite channel has a nice 'British' almost metal-style edge to it. A nice harmonic structure. A very BIG sound, gutsy. A good overall punch. Sounds like it has a solid power supply and it doesn't blink when hit hard. It was very difficult to find a way to drive the amp into a "bad zone". Even dimed, it leaned more towards a singing rather than screaming or getting rude or obnoxious. It has a surprising low-end kick too. I like the ability to change the voice of the amp by balancing the channels. It has a nice grind as well. The main cabinet we tested with was a Matchless open back, with Weber's (modified to Pete's specs) in a 2 X 12 configuration. Even when used on other Webers, or my EV-12-L ported/closed back box, it maintained a tight responsive characteristic. I applaud Pete for having the testicular fortitude to jump into a tight market segment ($1-2k) and to produce an excellent value in this price range. As a manufacturer, I know how hard it can be to produce a low end product that can both perform and make enough money to make manufacturing it worth doing. I wish Pete success with this product, and encourage potential customers in this price range to try to test drive this baby.
    </font>[/QUOTE]以上來自:

http://www.audiocage.com/about.shtml

有點奇怪 Fuchs 居然會在 Cage amp 的網站出現這些文字?

13. eMerson

eMerson New Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-21
    文章:
    讚:
    好久沒看到各位大大這麼精彩的討論了~~~
    我來推一下

14. Shawn

Shawn Moderator

註冊日期:
    2002-05-23
    文章:
    讚:
    eMerson,

別只是"推"嘛, 覺得精采就加入討論吧 ^皿^

好久沒見Blash, 跑哪去了?

言歸正傳: 我對電子方面的東西一竅不通. 不過很好奇: 這些boutique amp 的"成本"(材料+人工)真的有那麼高($2000 plus)嗎? 還是其中一大部分都給了distributors?

15. eMerson

eMerson New Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-21
    文章:
    讚:
    我知道那種point to point很不好做
    所以大部分應該都是工錢吧
    還有美國的木工也不便宜
    很多喇叭木箱要去找木工來做
    像這些超貴的東西買的人少價錢當然也比較高
    這是我自己想的啦