註冊日期:
    2001-09-01
    文章:
    讚:
    記得以前有朋友在問這個 pedal,順手把這個 review 偷過來給大家瞧瞧。原出處在此:
    http://www.musictoyz.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000044
    ---------------------------------
    作者:FlyingVBlues

The Stampede SOV-1 is a low gain overdrive pedal. It has Output, Boost, Tone, and Gains controls, Boost and Effect footswitches, and a two position treble boost/normal switch. The pedal is powered with built-in AC power supply. The power supply is regulated with a transformer and two regulator IC's mounted on the PCB. There is no option for battery operation. The pedal is solidly built in a heavy duty, dark red metal case. The black, pointer-type control knobs are very easy to see where they are set. The SOV-1 has three LED's: a blue one that lights when AC power is applied, a red LED that lights when the OD circuit is activated, and a second red LED that lights when the volume boost function is activated. All three LED’s are extremely bright. Over the past few weekends my band has played three outdoor concerts. The LED’s on the Sov-1 were the only LED’s I could clearly see on my pedalboard in bright sunlight. The footswitches appear to be high quality, and have a light touch and make a clicking sound when activated/deactivated. The SOV-1 is a fairly large pedal, with dimensions of 6 1/4" wide and 4 1/2" deep. The face of the pedal is canted at a slight angle for easy viewing.

All of the internal components are PCB mounted to a 1/16" thick, double sided fiberglass PCB board. The input and output jacks, and the two footswitches are also chassis mounted. They support the PCB board in the case along with a single stand-off and screw. The pedal is true bypass, and this is controlled via a PCB mounted relay. The OD circuit is based on three non-socketed JRC4558D op amps. The pots are not directly attached to the case. It seems possible that the pot shafts could be moved in a manner that would cause the PCB board to flex a bit. This concerns me, because it might result in PCB connection problems with heavy use. Some strain relief for the pots and two additional standoff’s would make me feel more comfortable about the long term reliability of this pedal. With the exception of the floating pot issue mentioned above, the internal construction looks neat and very well done.

Over the past few weeks I’ve used it with several different Les Pauls (with real PAF’s or Lindy Fralin’s), a ES-335 (real PAF’s) and a Flying V (Dirty Fingers) at various gigs. For amps I’ve tried it with a ’66 Vibrolux Reverb, a ’65 Super Reverb, a ’68 Twin Reverb, a ’94 Mesa Boogie Blue Angel and the clean channel of a Two Rock Emerald Pro. Although the SOV-1 shares the JRC4558D op amp with many other OD pedals, it has it’s own unique voice. In comparison with other completely solid state OD pedals I’ve tried the SOV-1 sounds very tube-like. This is especially true at higher gain settings. As gain is increased tonal transparency remains intact until about the 12:00 position. At this point the pedal starts sounding a bit muddy, especially when playing more than one note at a time. If the gain control is increased beyond 12:00 the muddiness continues to increase. Single note lines still sing sweetly with nice sustain, but individual note definition is lost when playing chords. At the higher gain settings chordal note definition was much better with the bridge pickup than the neck pickup on any of the guitars I used. Backing off the guitar’s volume control doesn’t cause the SOV-1 to clean up as well as a pedal like the FD2 or the Baby Blue. The SOV-1 has a tiny dash of Dumbleness in it. It’s very sensitive to pick attack – if you diminish your pick attack the pedal cleans up nicely. If you dig in with your pick, you get a breakup that is very natural sounding and amp-like. A very transparent clean boost can be achieved when the gain control is turned full counterclockwise and the boost control is used. Using the treble boost switch adds more top end when needed. The clean boost is smooth and sounds very good, especially with the Vibrolux and Super Reverb. You can hit the SOV-1 with an input signal of about +20db before it starts to clip and sound buzzy. The pedal was very compatible with several other OD pedals (TS-808, FD2, Baby Blue, Maxon 820, Pedalman 818, Landgraff, Menatone Howie), a Soul Bender, a Distortion Pro, Maxon CP101 and Ross compressors, and a Choralflange chorus. I normally don’t use a wah pedal, but I tried it with a borrowed Teese RMC1 and RMC3, and it worked perfectly with both of them. In my opinion, the Stampede SOV-1 would work best for someone who is looking for a warm, just over-the-edge overdrive sound, and a fairly hot clean boost. At higher gain settings the SOV-1 produces a sweet, singing sustain when playing single note licks, especially on the unwound strings. But at gain settings above 12:00 it starts sounding muddy, and that limits it’s utility for playing rhythm.

2. monk

monk Moderator

註冊日期:
    2001-09-24
    文章:
    讚:
    前一陣子我在日本的樂器行試過. clean boost 不錯, 透明感很好.
    日本售價約 8000 元台幣. 看起來組裝堅固耐用, 當時用JC120 與 humbuckers 的琴.

distortion 部分, 我已習慣了真空管機的感覺, 總覺得有一點假. 可能是模仿管機tone 很像的原因, 假假感覺是在手上touch 的部分. , 由於現場無法開大音量, 所以不確定效果如何. 但我覺得作 blues 音色不錯. 的確有如廣告的Dumble tone (low gain 時). 但 distortion 開到底, 聽起來扁扁的. 廉價的感覺.

3. Jeff

Jeff 吉他版主

註冊日期:
    2001-09-01
    文章:
    讚:
    monk 您當時還有沒有試著用其他 amp?我的經驗是 JC120 串接破音的聲音都很怪,儘管它是個不錯的 clean amp。

4. monk

monk Moderator

註冊日期:
    2001-09-24
    文章:
    讚:
    Jeff,

小小的店, 位於秋葉園. 當時也沒有多餘的選擇, 店員幫我先setup 好再請我過去試. 不過它的clean boost 讓我留下很深的印象. 音符好像一個泡泡突然漲大. 輪廓感覺不是很圓滑(not smooth), 但很立體透明.

gain 開少許有些顆粒感, 是真空管 rough tone. 可能如您所JC120 不是一個好的選擇, high gain tone 我覺得與一般廉價pedal 細細扁扁的tone 差不多.

這個pedal 我在一個Dumble 迷(之前您有介紹)的網站發現, 宣稱是最好的 distortion.

分享此頁面